Friday, March 19, 2010

Wildfooooods!

Alright a special thanks to Mom#2 for reminding me to update this thing! I'm getting quite bad at it already. But in any case, last weekend was my friend Alli's 21st birthday so that was quite a fun 4 day stretch. We made our first west coast trip to the Wildfoods Festival which was exactly like the title implies- full of wild (gross, disgusting, but wild) foods. Yours truly didn't get anything crazier than a potato fritter- that whole vegetarian thing really saved me from some of that gross stuff!

Oh yeah- and you're supposed to get dressed up ridiculously for the festival. So we tried to do jungle themes animals.... but we just turned out... um.. ridiculous! So it was ok. I was a tiger, as you can tell by my awesome paws in this first picture with the birthday girl, Kevin, and I.And here are the only jungle cats in the herd... Malia and I.
Close up of animal face awesomeness! Allie that I visited in Dunedin made it up to the festival to celebrate with us and be a super cute bear.
On the way to the festival through Arthur's Pass- couldn't complain much about the scenery.
Mmm crickets for dinner anyone?
Another short one but I think you got the general jist of the fun that was had last weekend. This weekend on the other hand is going to be a lay low and catch up on school .Hoping to fit in a day hike tomorrow and break in some new hiking boots :) Can't wait to get outside for some great weekend trips!!

Love to all and sorry about bad communication skills. I actually have to work on school during the week thanks to all these weekendly adventures. All this "school-responsibility-business" follows me across the world... figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment